Next Departure Date
|20/05/2024 - 24/05/2024||£595.00|
The hotel is located in a semi rural area, but only half a mile from Bridgend town centre and minutes from Junction 35 of the M4. It is within easy reach of the dramatic Heritage Coastline and equidistant from the vibrant capital city of Cardiff & the cosmopolitan city of Swansea.
The hotel boasts 75 well appointed non-smoking bedrooms. The newly-refurbished Ewennys Bar & Grill is the perfect place for pre dinner drinks or to order a light snack or bar meal. The Crane Restaurant offers a Seasonal Menu, and all food is sourced locally and prepared and cooked freshly.
The Leisure Club & Spa offers an indoor heated pool, spa treatment rooms, sauna, steam room and fully equipped gym. The pool area has been fitted with mood lighting, the ideal area to relax after a busy day.
Our trip includes 4 nights dinner, bed and breakfast accommodation, and excursions to:
- The Royal Mint Experience – The Royal Mint Experience has some of the most unique and rare coins in British history on display, providing visitors with a unique look back in time through the coins and memorabilia of yesteryear. There are six different zones to explore at your leisure and Royal Munt hosts will be on hand to answer any questions you may have along the way.
- Rhondda Heritage Park Coal Mine Tour – Your guide, a former miner who worked in the coal mines of the Rhondda Valleys, will take you underground and back in time. Ride the simulated DRAM! back to the surface – hold on tight! Free digital and interactive displays bring history to life. Learn how the miners, colliery owners and communities lived while Rhondda coal powered the world. Sit in the parlour of a rich coal mine owner or visit a traditional shop. Explore the courtyard and original mining artefacts – drams of coal, the Anderson bomb shelter and the Old Forge where the blacksmith worked on the colliery horses. With on-site Caffe Bracchi, Craft of Hearts craft shop and workshops and the Chocolate House workshops and sweet treats, it’s a great experience for everyone.
- Hensol Castle Gin Distillery – Just outside Cardiff is South Wales’ first full scale gin distillery, visitor experience, gin school and contract bottling plant, all distilling nicely in the cellars of the 17th century Hensol Castle. The combination of Hensol Castle which is steeped in history together with the modern vibes and fun nature of small-batch craft gin creates a truly distinctive experience.
- Cardiff Castle and free time in Cardiff – Surrounded by beautiful parklands on one side and a modern metropolis on the other, Cardiff Castle is truly the city’s historic heart. From Roman occupation, through Norman conquest, Victorian transformation and even the terrors of World War 2; this Castle has survived the centuries and evolved with them in a fashion that few others can claim. The rest of the city is bustling with exciting new events and attractions and shopping suitable for all ages and budgets.
- Executive coach travel and the services of an IC Travel host
- 4 nights dinner, bed and breakfast accommodation
- Full excursions programme as detailed above